Every time we think of a camp, the image that crosses our mind includes a stream flowing nearby, tents set on a river bed, campers basking in the Sun in a hammock, and a bonfire surrounded by campers, one of who has a guitar in hand. There’s a dimly lit lantern or LED in the tents, which are spacious enough to allow for a music jack and a stove jack. Just in case you’re wondering where to find such tents, look for Canvas Tents from White Duck Outdoors.
People mostly choose to go camping because they need to feel closer to nature, and a detox from the busy, urban schedule always helps in providing motivation. The detox could involve anything that makes you feel happy and connected to nature. Music, for example, is one of the best ways to get in the camping flow. So if you’re planning a trip in the woods, here are the best campfire songs for your camping trip…
For the Guitar players and lovers:
- Hotel California- Eagles
…cool wind in my hair, warm smell of colitas,… rising through the air.. relatable much?
- Stand By Me- Ben E kIng
The night has come, and the land is dark…
- Sweet Home Albama: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Big wheels keep on turning, carry me home to see my kin
- Take Me Home Country Roads: John Denver
Country Roads, Take me Home to the place I belong..
- Sweet Caroline: Neil Diamond
Good times never seemed so good.
- California Dreamin’- The Mamas and The Papas
All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey…
- Yellow Submarine- The Beatles: This tops the list for every camper.
In the town where I was born, lived a man who sailed to sea.
Dedicate these to the Oldies:
- You’re my sunshine: This one’s an Oldie, and oldies love it.
- Swing low, sweet Chariot: Another one for the Oldies.
- Show Me the Way To Go Home: The lyrics mention I’m tired and I want to go to bed, but let’s just admit if an oldie has come for a camping trip, he ain’t gonna get tired easily.
- Campfire’s Burning: For a sound sleep under the stars.
If you’re camping with the kids
- I Met a Bear: There’s nothing better than engaging the kids by asking them to sing along, especially when the song has a story in it.
- The Wheels On The Bus Go Round’n Round: Our all-time favourite. Forget kids, even adults love singing this one along.
- The Music Man: What better than some action along with the music for the kids.
- Agadoo: The vocals of this song doesn’t simply grab your attention, but is also fun to sing along.
- The Road Goes Ever On: So you are camping in the woods, and singing from the old Bilbo Baggin’ The Hobbit? The kids love it already!
- I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly: There’s a story behind the music? Allow the kids to figure it out.
If you ask for a playlist, there could be way more than a hundred songs best suited for a campfire. These are a couple of our personal favourite. Loud and gentle, kids and Guitar-friendly, we love them all. Hope the list helps, happy camping!